From Trammell Hudson's Projects
Yoga 900 Ubuntu
- Install 15.10:
- select the BIOS screen by pressing the little recessed button next to the power button
- no wifi, no touchpad, no touchscreen
- Kernel update http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/01/how-to-install-linux-kernel-4-4-in-ubuntu/
- Re-enable the wifi with rfkill unblock 2 or airplane mode (Fn-F7)
- Download linux-4.4.tar.gz
cd linux-4.4 cp /boot/config-4.4.0-040400-generic .config make oldconfig
- Patch drivers/i2c/buses/i2c-designware-platdrv.c.
- Build the new kernel and modules (but we only want the modules)
make -j 8 .... wait a few hours .... sudo make M=drivers/i2c/busses modules_install
- Module doesn't work after sleep; must rmmod i2c_designware_platform and modprobe i2c_designware_platform after wakeup.
- Also use synclient to reconfigure it on each reboot or when coming out of sleep. Recommended settings:
synclient MaxTapTime=0 PalmDetect=1
UEFI BIOS is by Insyde. Winbond 25Q64FVIQ flash chip on easily accessible on motherboard. Use T4 screw driver to remove the ten screws to get access.
flashrom can't see the chip. It doesn't respond to my SPI Flash programmer hardware. Need more investigation.
There is also a flash on a daughterboard. Photo.