The Charliewatch is an "analog" watch with 60+12 Charlieplexed LEDs. Based on Travis Goodspeed's GoodWatch21 schematic, using the CC430F5137IRGZR CPU, which doesn't have the LCD controller of the CC430F6xxx in the GoodWatch. There are also pads for a six pin
FTDI cable with pogopins Launchpad for programming or serial communication.
CPU datasheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/slas554i/slas554i.pdf
- Bootloader app note: http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slau319t/slau319t.pdf
- Programmer: MSP-EXP430FR4133 (Travis says it can also do low-power measurements)
- LEDs: 0603 amber. The white LEDs in the first version have a 3V forward voltage, so they go dim too quickly as the battery runs down.
- Battery is CR2032, estimate 200mAh of capacity, or 2450, with 600 mAh. Need to change the footprint for the larger holder.
- Board is 31mm, should fit in a 40mm watch case
- Stencil! The hotplate is quite messy without it.
- Buttons to set time
- Watch case