CM 2 references
|Open cabinet and boards||Board closeup|
|Horizontal spacing||Vertical spacing|
Random and Pleasing references
Dan Aronson wrote:
Cliff lasser did the version for the cm1, I did the version for the cm2. No communication. During the microprocessor idle loop there was code to step through memory and then send the bitwise or of the memory for each processor on the chip to the led. All random and pleasing did for the cm2 was to zero out all memory and them randomize each bit of memory (1 or 0) in the memory for processor 0 on each chip (and the idle loop would take care of the rest).
Pretty sure that p was 50% when I first adapted this, I would try t between 100 and 250 milliseconds.
- CM-2 lights of one cube.mp4 (Tamiko Thiel)
- Thinking Machines (thedailywtf, comment by Ken Jones)
- The Connection Machine (Hillis' 1985 MIT EE PhD thesis)
- Connection Machine Model CM-2 Technical Summary (version 6.0, 1990)
- Final Report - Thinking Machines Corporation - 6.972/STS.185 (includes block diagrams)