- Sandia R&D 100 award for Catamount N-Way kernel (2008)
- First computer to achieve a peak computational speed of over 1 teraﬂops (ASCI Red, 1996) and 2 teraﬂops (ASCI Red, 1999).
- First computer to achieve a peak computational speed of over 300 gigaﬂops (Intel Paragon, 1994). Team won Sandia R&D 100 award for work on operating system and math libraries.
- First commodity cluster to reach the Top 100 fastest computer systems (Cplant, Top 500 # 97, 11/1998)
- Obfuscated Perl Contest winner, Fall 1999.
Last update: November 8, 2020